Friday, May 19, 2006

Gallery Updated

If you haven't checked out my gallery lately, I've added several new paintings. Several pieces sold before I listed them, but you can see them under the 'sold' section of my gallery. I'm debating whether to expand my permenant collection exhibit on there or not. I have dozens of pieces that I won't list for sale because when I first started painting, I used cardboard scraps, 50 cent paint brushes, and the kind of paint you use to do children's crafts. They're not exactly done to archival standards, which is why I won't sell them. But they are interesting to look at. Several have been made into archival prints which I will list for sale soon here. I brought several dozen back with me from my visit to my parents house that I have yet to scan or do anything with (they'll go back to my mom when I'm done though). Many of my early pieces were initially motivated by my blank walls. I just wanted some art to look at so I painted some. Fortunately, high quality scans and archival inks and papers can preserve the images even though eventually the originals will likely deteriorate. The flower shown here is an example of an old image that I have never done anything with. As soon as I have the time, I'll list the prints online for sale.


I've also added new items for summer in my private cafepress store if you haven't been there recently.

Check back soon for information about June's upcoming shows!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got some really great stuff! I would love to see 'Pears in Red' in person and I am considering getting my wallet out for 'Through the Trees'.

I am more interested in paintings of figures, so I'm delighted to be intrigued by these.

Shonda

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Shonda. I do have a home show coming up June 10 in Centreville that will have all my paintings that are currently for sale (the homeowner also has 2 of my murals and 4 paintings they've purchased to see as well). If you or anyone else would like to recieve directions to that, feel free to email me rebecca AT tiffanyarts.com

Thanks again for your comments!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't make that show (coming home from the beach on the 9th). Where is Centreville? Is that VA? I'm pretty far away I think (Chattanooga, TN). I really do want 'Through the Trees'; it reminds me of something profound I want to keep around. When I return from the vacation I'll email you.

Shonda