Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Baby and New Works



I haven't posted here in a while mostly because I'm spending the majority of my time with my daugther and my new lovely baby, Grant, who was born Feb. 13. (Photos by the amazing Pete Bulanow of peterbphoto).

I do have some works in progress to share with you though, as I do eek out bits of time to paint here and there.

A few notes of interest- the painting of the solitary tree is of a 350+ year old oak tree on my parent's farm that I painted in plein aire. The blueberries are a part of a 12 part series on foods (you can see the other 11 prepped canvases in the photo). The set of 3 fields is probably complete but I plan on spending a while longer having it up on my mantle so I can be sure it feels 'done' to me. The piece with 4 fruits is a study using some gels that I've found to be rather tricky to create an effect I'm trying for.





















No comments: