Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Mountain

This is a commission I am working on right now. It is a very large mountain scene. The canvas measures 48"X60". You can see the roughing in of the various elements. I do large color blocks over the various spaces and then add detail. Things can look a little scary in the midst of the process, but once the layers are done, it will come together. I've also put a lot of 3D texture in this work. The only items that have been detailed in the last picture are some of the mountain faces and the clouds. I'll post again with more updates on this one. An entire wash of color will be going overtop of the mountain reflection in the water. Once the rock face details are complete, I'll move on to the forest details in the foothills and then the shoreline and finally the reflection.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it!

peterbphoto said...

amazing to watch this in the early stages!