Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ahead

So I didn't go to the show tonight due to the snow and babysitting issues. The gallery owner told me he'd tell me how it went. I think there's something next weekend so I'll go to that one.

I talked to my brother the other day and he is going to make me some sculpted metal frames for my art and he's working on some sculptures I'll include in my store as well soon. My uncle who is a fine furniture maker is making me some frames this week as well and I'll be using those with my landscapes I think. I'm going to use my brother's frames probably with my abstracts more since that's more his style.

I'm hoping both of them will be interested in doing sculptures. My uncle has done quite a few that have gathered dust in his basement and attic and some eventually been chopped up for firewood. Beautiful mahogany and metal. Some are/were giant - 4' by 12' wall hanging pieces. I saw some things still intact covered in dust last time I was at their house when Sophie was 6 weeks old.

I was reading through art blogs and stumbled across this article that kind of had me depressed but the comments left me with some small scrap of hope about making art in the future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the comments ripped into her post -- and rightly so. ... she sounds more like someone who plays the art stockmarket than someone who wants to invest in art purely for the love of it... which is a less than entirely pure situation. you shouldn't sell your work to her because her motivations are all wrong.