Sunday, February 26, 2006

Toddler Room

I finally put together my daughter's room (a renovated walk in closet) a few weeks ago. She's moved out of the crib and is sleeping in her room. We're picking up a bed from my sister in law today so she'll be off the floor soon. Here's some pics of the decor. Some items were from her old room in TN and a few I made for this new room. The painting is of her and her 2 favorite stuffed animals, Lamby and Hedgehog, who go everywhere with her. I did the alphabet painting because almost all kids materials have capital letters but in order to learn to read, kids mostly need to learn lowercase. The name painting was from her old room but I painted over the letters with red this time. I had made the bulletin board for her old nursery as well. I painted the 4 flowers and her name blocks as well to match the new space. I still need to weave the lights into the grapevine that acts as a border going around the entire room by her ceiling in a whimsical line. When she saw the new room the first thing she did was go climb in her bed and lay down and announce she was going to sleep there.

































3 comments:

Maggie said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and only a little bit jealous;)

Rebecca said...

Thanks Maggie! The book you lent me is working wonders!

kate said...

Precious.
I love the light string! And, you are so smart regarding the lower-case letters. I'm beginning to experience with Lizzy how confusing that is... And then there's script... The stuff you don't think of 'til you're a parent.