Monday, June 19, 2006

New works

Last night I stayed up to 2 am working on a new commission I've recieved. It's a large 36 X 48" abstract that I'm really excited to see come together. I got the background colors in place and I'm going to study it's composition for a few days before proceeding. I often take some time in the middle of a painting and work on something else while I brood over the piece and basically wait for it to speak to me about what needs to happen to make it complete. (I'll post pics of it when it's done). I often work late at night and enjoy the quiet hours of uninterrupted peace.

I have quite a few pieces that I haven't posted pictures of yet, but I promise I'll put them up soon, hopefully some before I leave for New York on Thursday. Tonight's piece is what I've been doing intermittently with the commissioned piece. Often when I have my brushes out already and time to paint - when one canvas is wet and a section needs to dry before I can proceed, I'll take it off my easel and put a blank one on so I can stay in my creative flow. So this work in progress is not the commissioned one, and it's not similar to it either, but for me, it's the perfect interlude for the vein I'm in.

No comments: