Monday, July 03, 2006

New York and Finishing Up

I’ve recently returned from my trip to New York, soaking in some of the art scene there. I have to say I was surprised at how friendly the city was in general. I’ve been in plenty of galleries in different cities and I’ve never received the consistently welcoming attitude as I did when browsing in SOHO in particular. I’ve learned that it’s worth it to know what type of art various galleries carry before attempting to submit, so the goal of my trip to Manhattan was to get a feel for different venues there. I’ve got my list of the places I liked and when I complete some of the projects I’m working on, later this year I’ll start submitting them (if I can keep new works from going before I list them as has been the trend lately).

In other news, for all of those who are waiting on your print orders – they are in!! I will be contacting you and setting up a time to deliver them to you this week.

I am also wrapping up the large commission piece I’ve been working on. It is a large abstract that I’ve been putting quite a few layers of texture into. Each layer has to dry before the next can be applied so it’s been tedious but I’m loving the light that comes through from the background to the top translucent layers. I’d post pictures but my digital camera batteries are dead and it appears I left my recharger in NYC.

No comments: